Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Thing 1: Getting Started

Hello! I am brand new to Cool Tools and put off getting started until now. My coworker (Kim Lee) introduced me to this PD. I took a long time getting started because setting up a blog is new to me and I was dreading getting started learning something new. Now that I have gotten started, I realize that it is not bad at all and I was silly to procrastinate starting this!

Now to introduce myself. My name is Carinne Mull but I have always gone by Carrie because people have a difficult time pronouncing my name correctly. I am in my 13th year teaching in the RCSD. Most of my years teaching have been in 6th grade at #30 school that changed part way through my years to #54 school. I enjoy teaching 6th graders because I like how the kids are more mature, independent, and they understand my sarcasm. Teaching 6th grade can be difficult because the kids get an elementary version of "senioritis" because in my school 6th grade is the highest grade in the building. Also, it is not always easy to find teachers that are willing to teach 6th grade!

I originally joined this program because I wanted to get PD credit hours through a program that I could do from home. I am a single mom and I have my kids during the week, so it is difficult for me to get PD credit unless it is a program like this. I don't like to miss out on time with my kids during the week and I also cannot afford to keep hiring babysitters for after school. Now that I am learning more about the program, I am excited to dive in and learn more ways to integrate technology into my daily lessons. Kids love technology and it helps keep them engaged on their academics as opposed to fighting and doing other things that take away from academics.

1 comment:

  1. You have me remembering my 6th grade teacher. She was such a wonderful person and a great teacher, she seemed to love that age student. Sounds like you're following those footsteps. :) Thanks for joining the workshop. Glad Kim got you involved!

    ReplyDelete