Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Thing 24: Google Drawings

I choose to explore Google Drawings. I didn't even know that it existed. I decided to start basic and create a motivational poster for the class. That was so easy!!! I loved how user friendly it is and how there are so many options on it. The one thing that came to mind is graphic organizers!!! We do so many graphic organizers in class, that it would be great for students to create their own on the computer as opposed to using the one that I have provided for them on paper. As a 6th grade teacher, I try to start getting my students to become more independent when it comes to organizing information. I try to get my students to begin to choose which graphic organizer would work best for them. Google drawings would be perfect for that because students can both choose their own graphic organizer and then create their own!
There are many other ways I might use Google Drawings in my classroom. It could be something as simple as an "All About Me" poster in the beginning of the year all the way to creating a new cover page for a book they read. There are so many ways I could tie in Google Drawings to reading and writing lessons. I am looking forward to implementing some of these ideas in my future lessons and reporting back to let you know how they go!

2 comments:

  1. It's such a handy tool, easy to use, flexible and don't we just love that it's free! Great ideas for using it.

    ReplyDelete