Friday, February 1, 2019

Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun
















I am excited to say that I finally have a bitmoji (I think I am the last one of my friends to have one)! It was really hard to make one for myself! I do not think I look like that but I tried. I tried using the method where you take a picture of yourself first, but I think that one looked worse!

I didn't realize all the uses for the bitmoji and how you can use it for more than just social media. I like the idea of even using it as a signature in my email. I also enjoyed reading about some other uses in the classroom like brag tags, book marks, creating comics, and using a bitmoji expression for reading responses.

I think I would start off, using it with my students, by having them download the chrome desktop bitmoji on their Chromebooks and have the students create their own character that resembles themselves. There are so many directions that I can go from there after they are created. I would definitely use them as a beginning of the year activity where students can introduce themselves. We could even make a bulletin board out of them!

This year with my supply money, I purchased a label maker. I decided to try out the bitmoji with my label maker and it turned out great! The downside is that they are not in color, but they would be great for name tags in the beginning of the year when I am getting to know my students names. Also, they would be helpful if we go on a field trip or have guests to wear them. It is a great way to spice things up and make learning more fun! The second picture above is the print out of what the label looks like. I can add names to it also! It would be nice to allow students to show their creativity by not only creating their original look, but also letting them pick the bitmoji of themselves that suites their personality best!

When I created my bitmoji, I downloaded the app on my phone. I would like to spend some more time on the desktop app to see the differences. I also noticed that there was a disclaimer stating that not all bitmojis are appropriate for school. As a result, I want to double check the desktop app to make sure all of the bitmojis are appropriate. I will also have a conversation with my students and discuss with them what things that are okay for school and how somethings might not be bad, but they shouldn't be used during school hours.

***I did not do "Thing 4" because of the fact that those sites are blocked in our district. I wanted to pick something that I was not blocked and could be implemented within my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. The bitmojis are a lot of fun. As you noted, be aware of the inappropriate ones with younger students. Wish bitmoji would do a kid-safe version!

    ReplyDelete